ITC Transmission through their operating subsidiaries, are in the business of transmitting high-voltage electricity throughout the central United States and for the international markets to their neighbors in Canada. Beginning operations in March 2003, ITC was the nation’s first fully independent transmission business. Today, they are the nation’s largest independent electric transmission company.
ITC Transmission’s three operating companies – ITCTransmission, Michigan Electric Transmission Company, LLC (METC), and ITC Midwest – serve an area of nearly 80,000 square miles in five states. Having a service area population of more than 13 million people. ITC Transmission operates approximately 15,000 circuit miles of overhead and underground transmission lines, carrying more than 25,000 megawatts (or 25 billion watts) of electric power.
With a total of 1,500 line technicians, engineers and staff, it's crucial that the most up to date safety training and job skills make it to the right people at the right time. Feathercap was brought in to provide its learning management and learning content for team members.
- Locally deployed Feathercap PLE to ensure federally mandated safety courses and on the job training reach all of ITC’s staff.
- Picked by ITC trainers for its ability to search, store and tag all questions/ surveys for later reuse and tracking.
- Can surpass U.S. government federally mandated training and safety standards while drastically reducing training staff workload
- Are able to quickly transfer knowledge creating a top notch training team
- Lessen the workload / encourage interest in safety and job training by supplying an easy to use learning system for all personnel.