LA County Metro
Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is unique among the nation’s transportation agencies. It serves as transportation planner and coordinator, designer, builder and operator for one of the country’s largest, most populous counties. More than 9.6 million people – nearly one-third of California’s residents – live, work, and play within its 1,433-square-mile service area.
Besides operating over 2,000 peak-hour buses on an average weekday, Metro also designed, built and now operates 73.1 miles of Metro Rail service. The Metro Rail system consists of the Metro Red Line subway system, the Metro Blue Line, the Metro Green Line, and the Metro Gold Line. In total, the Metro Rail system serves 62 rail stations stretching from Long Beach to downtown Los Angeles to Hollywood, Universal City and North Hollywood in the San Fernando Valley, from downtown Los Angeles to Pasadena and from Norwalk to El Segundo and all points in between.
Metro employs more than 9,200 people in a broad range of technical specialties and services ranging from Metro Bus and Metro Rail operators and mechanics to construction engineers and safety inspectors, from transportation planning professionals to customer information agents.
Metro chose Feathercap PLE to train their operators and service technicians to assure compliance with federal and state mandated skill and safety assessments.
Metro’s biggest business driver was that the learning solution must be straight forward and easy to maintain and use by both training managers and the busy transit operators and technicians themselves.
- Provides anytime-anywhere access to must current training materials.
- Enables federated search of any content or training materials found in LA Metro to be reused or appended into training content.
- Make up-to-date courseware available as it is created, in real-time.
- Better serves their bus/ train operator compliance and training needs, delivering measurable ROI.
- Enable operators and technicians the opportunity to explore new learning paths themselves for continued learning and career growth and increasing retention.
- Huge savings in time for administrative personnel.
- Feathercap enabled each group, team and other transit agencies to share in Metro’s knowledge base and foster cross agency knowledge transfer and knowledgebase growth.